Posted by Unknown |

"I remember some years ago visiting a church incognito. I sat in the back row...I'm not going to identify the church. You won't be able to identify it; it's thousands of miles away from here. When we came to pastoral prayer, it was lead by a lay brother, because the pastor was on holiday. So we prayed that the pastor might have a good holiday. Well, that's fine. Pastors should have good holidays. Second he prayed for a lady member of the church who was about to give birth to a child that she might have a safe delivery, which is fine. Third he prayed for another member of the church who was sick, and then is was over. That's all there was. It took twenty seconds.

I said to myself, it's a village church with a village God."


John Stott when speaking on the need to have a global prayer focus.

Subscribe