Posted by Unknown |

Ryan and I once made a cd. It was called Bastion Host - Music to Bath By

These were the tracks on the cd:

1. Lover You Should Have Come Over - Jeff Buckley
2. Rushing - Moby
3. Flowers Become Screens - Delirium
4. This Kingdom - Nick Cave
5. Whatever Makes You Happy - Powderfinger
6. So What - Miles Davis
7. Rest Stop - Matchbox 20
8. Telegraph Road - Dire Straits
9. Colourblind - Counting Crows
10. Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses - U2
11. Reno - REM
Hidden Track - Corpus Christi Carol - Jeff Buckley

They could be wrong. I got the right artists though.

I believe that mix cds should only have one song from each artist. Unless of course you have a really good reason for having an artist twice. Like in the above case. We used Jeff twice as bookends. The cd is designed to take you on a bath time trip. It was designed to be like having a bath. The running of the water, the initial cleaning phase, the cathathic soaking phase, realisation that it's time to get out, the drying and the return to the bathroom when everything is cold and dark and there's condensation dripping off the walls.

I used to listen to Live. They were a good band before they became so shmulzy. I remember once I was listening to Throwing Copper, I was in year 9. There was someone coming over to pick me up so I turned it up loud because I wanted them to hear what hard core music I was listening too. I think I still get tempted to do that these days. Show off your music taste and you figure you'll impress people. Sometimes it's probably true. Most of the time people don't care and the rest they are less than impressed. But you always think your music taste is the best.

Subscribe