2/12/2003 06:13:00 pm

Chaplain

Posted by Unknown |

As seems to be the case at this intensive stuff there is a lot to take in. I have no idea how to apply everything to work. Now that I think about it, I can't even remember what we talked about. I can't remember what I have been inspired to do. I know there's a lot that I have heard, I'm not sure what I've learnt though.

Mitch told me he wants to be a Chaplin in the army. Being the person who doesn't like violence that I am (I think maybe I am a pacifist, but I don't know what it fully means to say you are one of them, so I don't) I don't think I would like to be an Army chaplin. I started talking to Mitch about it but we didn't get very far. I think maybe I will talk to him more. I don't think I could be a chaplain without telling them that I think what they are doing is wrong.

Although I think that sometimes it might be ok for the Army to be army like. Maybe, from a Christian view, it's ok to use force to protect others from violence. Maybe it's not. It's all good to turn the other cheek yourself, but it doesn't seem right to make others turn other cheek because that's what you believe.

That's a little post-modern I think.

Subscribe