1/04/2003 11:40:00 am

Mission and Chocolate Wheels

Posted by Unknown |

So may I tell you what it's like on mission? Pehaps? Ok I will.

I may not get very far though. I may get distracted.

Mission is full. Very full. We get up at at least 7:45am then do stuff till about 9:30pm. I like the 6:30 get up though so I can have a shower which makes me feel like I'm actually awake. I'm not really, but I like to pretend.

My favourite part of the day is between 1:45 and 2:45, we get to have sleep. How much do I love sleep?

About a lot.

Yeah.

Anys, the kids are cool. We run stuff in the afternoons for a bunch of kids in years 3-6 in school. Some of them don't like to behave, but I'm hard core discipline man. Grrr.

"Err, excuse me, um, could you, um, please stop strangling your friend, if that's ok? Ok?"

Something like that. I have made kids move and kicked kids out of my group. If I was a kid I'd be scared of me.

Actually the kid that I kicked out of my discussion group asked me over for dinner. How cool is that? I had a great time. We went to the chocolate wheel (now there's a bit of culture I've never discovered before) and had steak sandwiches. And we played pool, and table tennis, and horseshoe throwing, and we talked about movies. I had a good time. I didn't tell his parents the gospel. Perhaps God will slap me.

I have to tell the story of Jesus calming the storm tomorrow. Or is it today? I think it's today.

I had a really good plan, but one of the other leaders stole my idea. Really, they said "I stole that idea from you Tom". So now I have to decide to keep going the way I had planned and risk looking un-original, or I can think of something new. Oh the stresses of life on the coast.

I run the cess pit. I am a very important person. Perhaps, second only to the team leaders.

Perhaps not, too.

Subscribe