1/12/2003 01:06:00 pm

Drunk Man

Posted by Unknown |

On the way home last night we met a drunk man. He liked to talk to us and he was a bit rude. Every now and again he'd make an inappropriate comment. I'm not quite sure how one is meant to react to inappropriate comments by drunk people. But I think I just tried not to give the comments to much importance.

At one stage the man went and sat behind Robert and Ryan. When he was there I found it difficult to hear what he was saying. I was finding the situation a little amusing and when he mad a comment I couldn't hear, I had a bit of a chuckle to myself because I thought it was all a little strange. I knew that the man had made some kind of joke, so I didn't think laughing would be all that much of a problem. But after the joke Ryan and Robert weren't laughing. They weren't even seeming polite. And then the drunk man pointed at me and said "And this guys laughing about it!".

Then I thought, "Oops, I wonder what I just laughed at."

It turns out it was an extremely inappropriate comment which Ryan and Robert weren't even going to repeat. I wasn't quite sure what was going on after that. I felt like I'd just committed some terrible social wrong without meaning to. Perhaps I did. It was a very strange situation and after that I wasn't quite sure what to do.

Subscribe