1/14/2003 01:19:00 am

GI Gandhi

Posted by Unknown |

I just watched Platoon. That wasn't a particularly nice film.

I think war is stupid. I don't want Australia to go to war. If I got called up for war, which doesn't seem likely at this stage, I think I would go to jail. Or try and find something that helps the people who have been affected by the war, but doesn't help the war. Working with refugees, can you do that in the army?

I was wondering if it would be possible for there to be a peace keeping force that effectively kept peace without the use of guns. Peace for peace's sake not peace because of the threat of violence. If one country invaded another, could you send thousands of people in to say "Hey, stop it, that's not nice"? A non-violent army that stands in the way and stuff. Very Gandhi like. Probably people would get pissed off at them and shoot them, but then that happens to regular armies as well.

I read an article the other day about a group of people who are going over to Iraq to stand in the way of the US when they try and bomb the country. I think that's kinda cool. They expect to die though, and I don't think that's cool.

Subscribe