1/22/2008 11:39:00 am

Kung Fu Fighting

Posted by Unknown |

Last night Mil, Martin, Matt and I went to our first Kung Fu class. I think we were all a little scared going in. Before we went in I kept turning to Matt and saying "I'm so glad you're with me." I was feeling a little intimidated.

We arrived and everyone was pretty friendly. We had to fill medical forms and were taught to bow-in when we step on to the training floor (I don't know what it's official name is). We were told we were welcoming the room. I'm not sure what that means but seeing as I'm not entirely sure who or what I'm bowing to until I figure it out I might bow and welcome Jesus to the room. I'm sure no one would mind if Jesus came to Kung Fu.

We were put through half an hour of exercises at the beginning. I discovered that rapidly punching a bag for a minute hurts a lot. As does trying to touch your toes when your toes rarely come anywhere near your hands.

After exercises, us noobs were taken to the side and taught the 9 weapons of kung fu. Now I know how to punch a person in the throat, poke them in the eyes, kick them in the goolies and break they're knee caps. Yep. I'm pretty lethal.

Then we went home. Next time we go they've promised to teach us how to defend ourselves against an attacker brandishing a pool noodle. Should be useful.

We're kinda a big deal.

Subscribe