6/06/2007 12:32:00 pm

Girlfriend

Posted by Unknown |

Is it just me or is Avril Lavigne's new song one of the dumbest songs to come out in years?

Hey! Hey! You! You!
I don't like your girlfriend!
No way! No way!
I think you need a new one
Hey! Hey! You! You!
I could be your girlfriend


Is she 12?

In a second you'll be wrapped around my finger
Cause I can, cause I can do it better
There s no other
So when's it gonna sink in?
She’s so stupid
What the hell were you thinking?!


It's a dodgy premise for a song. I'm not sure you should glorify stealing someone's boyfriend. But worse are that the words are just appallingly bad. At least Lips of an Angel sounded like a good song (if you like that "I wish I was Chad Kroeger" kinda thing) But this song is just dumb. Like can she think of a better justification for stealing someone else's man than "She's so stupid".

Though I reckon if I was in Kindergaten I'd love singing this song. It's fun to shout things like "Hey! Hey! You! You!". Lots of joy to be had there. Except perhaps for the bit where Avril describes what she does to some mothers. I'm not sure Kindergateners should be singing that kind of thing.

Subscribe