2/06/2009 03:12:00 pm

Community Recycling Cooperative

Posted by Unknown |

What I love about our community is that kerbside clean-ups have got us all into the habit of assuming that anything on the side of the road is free to be taken no matter what time of year it is. While every now and again some vague family put their furniture on the side of the road during the moving process and it all gets taken, but generally the system works quite well.

Yesterday I put my old chest of drawers on the side of the road. The kerbside clean-up isn't till May, I was hoping they wouldn't have to sit there till then. When I got home last night, they were gone. Someone now has a new, free, second (or eighth) hand chest of drawers, and I don't have unwanted furniture sitting around. I love community.

Subscribe