11/20/2008 12:26:00 am

Bond and Rain

Posted by Unknown |

I went to see Quantum of Solace with Ryan tonight. I was a little concerned that I wouldn't be able to see it on opening night, but happily Ryan came to the rescue.

Here are the thoughts:

It was a good film. Not so funny as the last one. Lots of action which was cool. Still Bond villains. M continues to impress me as a character. And the Dame, well, she always rocks. Apart from some really silly location titles I really liked the look of this film, the production design was pretty spot on. Plus the film was dealing in politics for once (aside from the whole Cold War thing of most of the 60s,70s, and 80s, Bonds) and it was rather left leaning. The film did feel a lot like a sequel, it was a bit of a hodgepodge of action and bad guys squashed in together. The Aston Martin really is a nice looking car. The editing was way too Bourne for its own good. I like James' ability to kill people with his bear hands, but the editing means we can't really tell what's going on in much of the action sequences.

Anyway, apart from being a bit of a mess, it was it was cool. I'm happy I saw it, and it certainly rates a lot better than most of the middle Bonds.

Driving home tonight it rained real hard the whole way, it was way fun. Driving through big puddles, and not being able to see in front properly. If only all driving was that exciting.

Subscribe