2/16/2008 11:34:00 pm

Cakes and Chicks

Posted by Unknown |

It's Anmol's Birthday today and he came over to our house so we could go to Haberfield so he could buy himself his birthday cake. This, now that I think about it, seems a little odd. But he really liked his cake.

I went to dinner tonight with my family at the Pub. The Rugby was on TV and it was difficult not to watch. I went to the bar to buy myself a drink. I got served by a rather attractive bar attendant. As I was standing there I was brave enough to look her in the eye and caught her looking up at the Rugby. She turned to me and said "Are you watching the Rugby?"

"I'm trying not to." I replied.

"Oh, why not?" she asked.

"Because I'm with my family so I'm trying to pay attention to them, but my eyes keep getting drawn away."

"Ahh. I'll watch it on replay when I get home tonight."

Then she told me the price of the drink (it was a Coke) and we fumbled over my $5 note.

When I went to sit down, I was trying to figure out if she was flirting or she was just being friendly. I decided that she was just being friendly but if I had asked her the same question I would have been flirting.

However, what I did consider was that if she was flirting it was:
a) more likely because I was wearing my hat, which hides my currently bad hair
b) good I told her about my family because I'm sure a love for family makes a guy HOT!
c) a shame that I ordered a Coke instead of a beer
d) a good thing I didn't reciprocate and eventually get her number (as if I would) because I don't ever watch the Rugby and I have only a mild interest. But we would have begun the relationship on the false pretense that I love the Rugby and find it difficult to concentrate on important things like family if it's distracting me from the Rugby. The truth is that I find any screen distracting, even if it's only showing the Keno.

So all in all it's a good thing I decided she was only being friendly, because I had so much more worry about if she wasn't.

Subscribe