Posted by Unknown |

Filling in the Blanks

There's an RSL club near my work that Helen, Jon and I discovered the other week. I've been working there for 3 years and only now have we discovered it. It's like an oasis in the desert. It's got all the TVs, pokies, Old Men and gwaudy carpets of an RSL club and it's just down the road. It's fantastic. We've lunched there three times since we discovered it. It's been real exciting. I've had a roast everytime.

Tonight I went out with Priscilla for the night. We thought we'd catch up, so we did. We went to Mama's Kitchen, I've never been there before. Then wandered around the city.

Rick Warren said in The Purpose Driven Life something like "Don't write about what you did each day, no body wants to hear about that". And I'm like, "Hey, don't be so rude". Of course maybe no one does want to read about what I do each day, but don't burst my bubble. But I think the blogging phonomena may have proved him wrong there. But it may just prove that there are lots of people out there who like to write about their days, it doesn't prove that people actually want to read that.

Phew, I'd hate it if Rick Warren was wrong. My whole world would crumble. I'd have no sense of purpose.

Seeing as we're doing 40 Days of Purpose at our church one of the girls in my Bible study group brought her Purpose Driven Life to the group on Monday and said "So do we just bring this book now? Does it replace the Bible?" I reckon it was a valid question. I wouldn't mind replacing the Bible with the Purpose Driven Life, it'd be much easier to read in a year. Although it doesn't have as many good stories.

I am enjoying doing 40DOP though. I think it'll be good for our church. It'll be good for us all to be doing stuff together.

Subscribe