6/15/2009 12:10:00 pm

Guatemalan Sunday

Posted by Unknown |

Sunday was much smaller to live through. I think we were all rather tired.

The day started with a trip to Guatemala's overbuilt airport with Jem and Jo to pick up the third and final bridesmaid, Anna. She arrived in time and in style. Then it was off to Victor's to pick him up after he lost track of time in coming to meet us. Poor guy. He's normally good with time, but getting half married took it out of him.

Jo and Victor took us out to lunch at some posh traditional Guatemalan resturant. Victor and I had the buffet. There was a dish that was meant to be cow stomach. I was most excited to try it, but it turned out just to be chicken. Disappointed. Otherwise the buffet was good, I stocked up my empty belly and didn't need to eat again.

Actually I ate so much, I just wanted to sleep for the rest of the day. But that may also have been the jet lag as well.

Lunch was followed by a trip to a very large homewares store to buy some cake tins but we were foiled as there was only one size cake tin and it was the wrong size. Apparantly Guatemalan's only like cakes of one size. Imagine what will happen, how their cake paradigms will be exploded when they see the wedding cake, three different sizes in three tiers. They'll be blown away.

Seeing as we were frustrated in our attempts to make Guatamalan cake history, we headed home and I spent the rest of the night on the couch digesting lunch. I went to bed early.

Subscribe