Posted by Unknown |

Zam

I went to bed last night a little apprehensive about this morning's exam. I had only done 18 minutes and 36 seconds worth of study (exactly) when I half listened to a sermon by the unstoppable John Stott while I did some envelope printing at work yesterday.

So when I got home last night I decided to get up at 6am and study for an hour or so before I went to my exam. But sadly when I went to bed I discovered my alarm clock blinking because my power board had tripped during the day. I just set my clock and went to bed, forgetting to also set the alarm.

But no worries, I woke up at 5am and remembered that I hadn't done my alarm. So I hopped out of bed, turned the thing on, then went back to my warm, lovely, bed for another hour.

I woke up when my sister walked past my head on the other side of the wall. (My bed is in the corner of my room, and my room is bordered on two sides by wooded floored hall way so I bounce and hear every "clip-clop" whenever anyone walks to the bathroom or back. Lucky I'm a heavy sleeper.) I looked at the clock and it said 7:24am and I thought "Bugger, I have an exam in an hour." When I set my alarm at 5am I forgot my tripped out powerboard had reset my alarm from Monday morning so I actually set it for midnight tonight, not 6am. So I got no study done at all this morning. I thought that was interesting given that I had a semi-premonitionish dream this morning about having to go and preach but not having prepared anything so I just had to make it up. I'm sure that was inspired by my upcoming exam and the lack of preparation. Although I doubt it was a premonition, rather a certainty given the way I study. (Example 1, Example 2, Example 3)

Anyway I turned up at my college, walked to the Newsagent and bought two pens then put them to work for 2 and a half hours as I just tried to say things that sounded good. I feel alright about the whole thing. I could pass. Whatever the case the extra one and half hours made up for the unpleasantness of the exam. And I only fell asleep in the exam twice, so I reckon that's an achievement.

Now I'm just working (or not) from home because my one meeting at work got canceled so I figured I could relax with some pad-thai and a bit of blogging for a little. Yeah.

Subscribe