3/09/2007 12:24:00 am

Jesus Free

Posted by Unknown |

“The president of the United States has claimed, on more than one occasion, to be in dialogue with God. If he said that he was talking to God through his hairdryer, this would precipitate a national emergency. I fail to see how the addition of a hairdryer makes the claim more ridiculous or offensive.” - Sam Harris

I thought that was good. It made me chuckle.

I've been reading a bit of anti-Christian stuff lately*. It's interesting. Not convincing yet, but I enjoy the stimulation. Plus some of the people writing are very smart and it's good seeing smart people do stuff smartly.

Sometimes I wonder what life would be like if I didn't believe in Jesus. It's a rather depressing thought. Hopeless would be the feeling that comes to mind when I consider it. Plus I'd be out of a job and I don't think I have many other skills outside Christian Ministry. I could dig holes I guess.

Perhaps I should get a qualification outside ministry. That way you could be sure that if I'm working in ministry I haven't lost my faith. Otherwise, if I ever lose my faith, I might just have to keep pretending so I don't end up homeless or something.

There would be some advantages to not being a Christian though. Such as sleeping in on Sundays. Getting drunk on Saturdays. Speeding. Gossip. Bitching. And being able to intentionally look at topless people at the beach.

Still the lure of Jesus is better than the lure of a more entertaining beach going experience. He has more long term benefits.


*Just for the worried ones, I've been reading a lot of pro-Christian stuff at the moment too, like my Bible, everyday. And that's much more inspiring and special. So don't start praying for my soul just yet.

Oh and I don't endorse excessive drinking, speeding, gossiping, bitching, perving on topless people, drugs, Nazis, illegal movie pirating or other dodgy stuff. I whole heartedly endorse sleeping in, especially on Sundays. Go to evening church.

Subscribe