3/24/2007 12:46:00 pm

Denied

Posted by Unknown |

I just went up to vote but alas I was denied my democratic right and responsibility! My enrollment forms hadn't been processed yet! So I had disappeared out of my old electorate but hadn't arrived in my new one yet. I'm in an electoral void! I'm floating in no-mans land with no MP to represent me.

When I talked to the woman she said "Oh it looks like you're not on the roll. So you don't have to vote." She said it like it was a good think. "But I want to vote!" I wanted to shout. But I just said "Ok". She did inform me that I'd be fine for the federal election. That makes me fell happy because that's the one I care a lot more about. I'd be devastated if I didn't get to vote then. At least then there's a choice that seems worth making.

Subscribe