Posted by Unknown |

Blogspot is down at the moment but I'll get this post done anyway.

Today was very long. I had a 7 3/4 hour meeting with Helen about youth ministry next year. It wasn't a bad meeting, but I would say the longest one I've ever been to. I'd been having a really bad lead up to the meeting. It was making me really scared. Having to make decisions and plan and stuff like that. Making choices that will affect the lives of many other people. It was stressing me out. Sunday night I sat in church and felt terrible. I thought, "This is just beyond me. You can leave me out of this. I don't want to make any decisions. I don't want any responsibility". But today has been fine. God's been looking after me and it wasn't as stressful as it could have been.

I went to community dinner tonight. I managed to get a large chuck of Tim Tam stuck up my nasal passage at the back of my throat. Very uncomfortable, but quite spectacular to bring up again for the various diners to inspect the size of my unwanted secretion.

We headed off to Woolies afterwards too. I had to get wrapping paper and a ribbon for this Christmas Assembly which I'm doing tomorrow (I haven't written my talk properly yet). While David and I were in the middle of a conversation about how God speaks to people, David noticed a double John Grisham book for $7.95, he picked it up and showed me, then put it back on the shelf. I thought "Ooo, that's tempting". I stood there for a little while wondering whether I should get it or not, when it fell off the shelf. I declared this to be a sign from God, and picked up to book for later purchasing.

At the checkout, the woman looked at the price sticker on the back of the book (I didn't know Woolies still had price stickers), it said $6.95. She scanned it and it came up as $7.95. She gave me a funny look and I remembered that there's some deal where if it scans higher than it is marked you get it cheaper or something. I mentioned this to her in some vague, hazy question, and she replied with "Yeah, I'll sort that out in a tick". She scanned the rest of my items and told me I would get the book for free. How exciting. I turned to David and said "I told you it was a sign from God."

Subscribe