12/04/2006 05:52:00 pm

Rudd

Posted by Unknown |

So now we have Rudd as our Opposition leader. I'm pretty happy about that. Now I'm working at learning about him. In his recent article in The Monthly he wrote concerning the relationship between Christians and the state:

I argue that a core, continuing principle shaping this engagement should be that Christianity...must always take the side of the marginalised, the vulnerable and the oppressed.

and

The function of the church in all these areas of social, economic and security policy is to speak directly to the state: to give power to the powerless, voice to those who have none, and to point to the great silences in our national discourse where otherwise there are no natural advocates.

I'm pretty happy with that. I'm hope he follows through, then he'd be a champ! I may even vote for him.

I must say that I'm pretty sad for Beazley. How terrible to loose your brother on the day you loose your job as leader of the Opposition. Of course loosing your brother would be the hardest part. But it all much suck for him right now.

Subscribe