Posted by Unknown |

I'm blogging now because I'm meant to be running a d-team, but alas, no-one turned up. I've often only had one person. Today none. It's a little sad. But what can you do?

I got too little sleep last night. After attending a trivia night with various people for Hannah's school. It was an interesting night. I won a lucky door prize which was a British Airways travel pack. Like those ones with the sleeping masks and the shampoo and stuff. It was a pretty poor lucky door prize if you ask me. But it was the last one of the night and I don't think they were planning to give it away. It was pretty funny though.

The guy who hosted it made some jokes which were a little inapproriate, like saying to a woman who couldn't find her lucky door prize ticket "Don't worry about showing us your ticket, show us your tits!". He also called his wife, "wife".

But it was a nice night none the less, hanging out with nice people.

Prior to that (I'm working backwards) I had a sit around lazy day. I got up at around 10 and after my shower sat around with Mum, Tinku and Jo eating french toast that Jo had made. It was very nice. We spent about an hour and a half sitting around the table, being together.

I tried to work on my talk for these scripture seminars but I'm doing really badly. I worked on it this morning in the car. I have picked a really bad passage to do a talk on (Gal 4:4-7). It all seems nice in theory but actually getting into the passage, there is so much theological foreknowlege assumed, it's making me puke. How do you explain to a year 8 kid what it means for Jesus to be born under law, to redeem those under law? I'm struggling.

Grrr.

Anyway, so I didn't get much sleep last night I was planning today's ministry activities (lucky I did because I slept in). And I was thinking about things that make me angry. I was going to make a list, but I didn't get very far. I thought I might blog, because I was having quite interesting thoughts, I thought, but I have decided against that too. So I'll just leave it in my memories.

Subscribe