Posted by Unknown |

I'm about to go to bed.

Thursdays are always much less productive than planned. I was going to write some of my Church History assesment today ("Why study church history?" To pass the exam and be able to make snobby jokes about Henry VIII). I only really got to write the Bible study for tomorrow. I usually plan for that to take about an hour but it always takes more. Today it took 3 and half. Then it was time to eat maccas, help David with a video, fall asleep on the couch, then watch The Pianist with mum.

That was a sad movie. Very good. I like classical piano. Yah. It is very nice. The movie was top notch. Better than Schindler's List. It made me want to go out an punch a Nazi. It's kinda weird to think about that being part of my heritage. I don't think about people making movies about the time that my Grandfather lived through, I think about my Grandfather living through the movies. Not that I don't think of my Grandfather's experiences as real, but the movies have shaped my ideas of that period of history. I guess I don't know what to do with it all. I read my Grandfather's book in the past few years, and that had a much greater impact on my than any movie I have seen though. And that was all much more real, and much less clear cut than any of the movies I've seen.

So I'm not sure what I was saying. Just reflecting I guess.

Anyway, it was a good film.

Subscribe