12/11/2002 12:52:00 am

Talking to Mother

Posted by Unknown |

I'm cooking dinner at the moment. Not because I want dinner at this time of night but I promised my mother I would cook dinner when I got home. I also promised my mother that I would ring the doctor about my in grown toenail, but I haven't done that yet. So that's what I'm doing. I'm also listening to Elevation the U2 dvd. Damn good. Good thing just to listen to I say. Even better to watch.

I had a chat with my mother today about my relationships with people. I guess I learnt some stuff. I realised, but perhaps I already knew this and forgot, that following Jesus takes brains as well as commitment. It takes thought, and commitment to that, as well as just following. We can always mean to do the best, most loving things for our friends, but if you're not on the ball, if you're not always thinking, always praying, always dependent on God, you can mean to do the right things but not. You I guess can fall into false love that doesn't help anyone but yourself. False love that protects you while seeming righteous. And that might not be because you ever had malicious plans to look after yourself first, but you just weren't thinking.

Subscribe