12/23/2002 12:23:00 am

Jo, Church and Interviews

Posted by Unknown |

I wasn't planning on posting tonight, but I figure seeing as I'm here...

My sister didn't come home today. She was meant to come home from Bangladesh tonight, but there was fog in Dakka so she's coming home tomorrow morning. That makes me happy because it means I'll be able to be at the airport when she gets back. I couldn't go tonight because I had to be at a carols service.

I was thinking the carols service was going to be terribly long and boring, I have much dislike for carols. But it was ok. I was going to not go, but I figured I am employed by the church so I should at least turn up. But as I said, it was ok. I enjoyed the Bible readings, and I survived the carols, and it didn't go for too long so it was good.

Chris, Jem and David came 'round after church to watch Gremlins. That wasn't the plan, but that's what we ended up watching. I don't think it's a great movie. But it's sit through-able. I was one when it was made.

The interview was good. It was harder than the last "chat" I had. The questions were tougher, but it was good. I hope they liked me. I figure whether I get the job or not, that's not my problem. I'm sure I'll try and make it my problem, but really that's up to God. I guess now I have realised that I have left my current church and now if I don't get this job I have nothing else to do. So I'm trusting God that He has it under control. And if He doesn't have it under control then he probably doesn't have anything under control, and in that case we're all screwed.

But He does, so that's good.

Subscribe