7/03/2008 11:18:00 pm

Semester of Achievement

Posted by Unknown |

So I decided that the first 6 months was a bit of a failure. I've been thinking about this for a little while. I had plans this year to do good at college, learn Kung Fu, keep running and be the best youth minister in the world.

In actual fact I managed to stop running, fail the only subject I was doing at college, not do Kung Fu, become homeless and accidentally move back in with my parents, and not do half the things I wanted to do as a youth minister (though I think ministry was where I failed least).

So I've decided that as depressing as it is to realise you're a failure (please no comments to the contrary, unless you're hot and a girl), it does give me an opportunity to improve. And now that I pretty much suck, all I have to do is finish this year not sucking so much.

So here is what I want to achieve by the end of the year, I want to be unhomeless, I want to not fail college, and I want to maintain my current level of mediocre youth ministry. So really I'll still be less amazing than I was at the beginning of the year, but at least I'll do better than I did these last six months.

It did just occur to me that I have no memory of what I did for the last New Year's. I wonder if I had a good time. I might go check the blog. I was probably watching a DVD or something.

Update: For the record I was at Avalon with people from Church and I really enjoyed myself. In fact I'm feeling fond memories right there in that fond memory bit of your torso. Actually, my torso, I've never felt anything fond in your torso in my life.

Subscribe