7/23/2008 11:54:00 pm

Guy on the Train

Posted by Unknown |

I was on the way home the other day when I met a man who was rather drunk. He asked me if the next stop was Redfern. I told him it wasn't. He asked me what I did and he told me what he does "for a crust".

After he repeatedly told me his name, he told me we should catch up sometime. I said "That could be fun" or something non-committal like that. He gave me his number, then insisted that I call him to check it works. I couldn't think of a way out so I did. It worked.

He's called me about 10 times since then and I ignore it every time. I don't know what I'd say when he rang, especially if he asked to hang out. I feel bad though. I don't ignore anyone else for this long.

Next time he calls I might pick up. Jesus probably would.

Subscribe