7/20/2009 05:12:00 pm

Camp

Posted by Unknown |

I'm on camp at the moment.

Actually I'm not, I'm at home. But I was on Camp till two hours ago. I'm the Senior High speaker and we're talking about Jonah.

Unfortunately I arrived at camp on Saturday and had a little bit of cough. Yesterday morning I felt pretty terrible and asked to be excused from the Leader training. Fever, cough, that sort of thing. In the afternoon I sat in at the back of the Camp Welcome for all the campers and the Director saw me and afterwards he asked me to stay in my room. So I got quarantined. I think he's worried it's swine flu.

I pretty much spent all yesterday and all today in my tiny little room, with just a bed, a desk, a phone that rings some times (but I don't answer it), and a bookshelf with old Christian books on it. It felt like a cross between prison and hospital, but it's probably better than both.

The lack of stimulation didn't really bother me. I had my book but I spent most of my time sleeping.

I did my first talk today. I got out of bed, did my talk, and went back to bed. I'm not sure if it was any good. I remember sweating a lot.

I'm going to spend tonight at home and I'll go back tomorrow for talk two. I shouldn't be too bad tomorrow. I'm feeling much improved this afternoon. I even made it to Centrelink to squeeze some more money out of Rudd. I'm looking forward to being employed.

Subscribe