7/03/2009 11:02:00 pm

Angels

Posted by Unknown |

We've made it to the last stop on the North American World Tour: Los Angeles. We flew in this afternoon on Virgin America. Virgin American have the funnest planes I've ever been on. Which isn't really hard because most planes don't aim to be "fun". But this plane was all lit inside in purple and blue. It was kinda like being inside a flying neon sign.

Other than that it was a pretty good flight. Except that it stuffed up both our ears a bit.

We picked up our hire car at the airport, expecting it to be a Corolla they gave us a PT Cruiser. That was pretty fun, because I've always thought they'd be interesting to drive. Like the new beetle only less cool.

I didn't really get the chance to think about that, because driving was a little stressful today. It was my first time driving in LA and my first time driving on the right side of the road in a left-hand drive car. I told Lesley she had to just keep telling me to keep right, and that seemed to do the trick. Although being in a left-hand drive car I tend to drift right in my lane too, and I don't think I should keep that right.

Our hostel is in Santa Monica and we made it there without one crash. Santa Monica is tourist land to the max. It's full of buskers, beggars and people looking like they're on holidays. It's pretty fun, but I reckon I'd get sick of it pretty quick.

I'm wearing my brown Jesus t-shirt from Mexico today that Jem bought me. I was walking into a food court and a black guy stopped me and asked me where I got my shirt. I told him a friend got it from Mexico for me and he was very upset. Then when I was on the Boardwalk a Latino Breakdancer saw me and said "I like your shirt man!" and I said "Thank you". I've been feeling pretty good about myself since then; I'm a fashionsable white guy, yeah!

Tonight we went and saw Public Enemies which was pretty cool. Good writing, good acting, lots of gangsters. Michael Mann makes good films. I like him a lot.

Oh and we went up the Empire State Building last night (That's in New York). It was tall and good and not raining.

Tomorrow is the 4th of July so we're gonna eat a hot dog, maybe watch some fireworks and definitely insult the British.

Subscribe