7/02/2007 12:12:00 am

This Day the Lord Have Giveth

Posted by Unknown |

I went to Maccas today with the youth and tried to stuff a whole cheeseburger in my mouth. It didn't fit. Almost though.

When we got back from Maccas they all stole my shoes and I got beaten up by a bunch of 13-year-olds. Happily I like them or I would have been annoyed. As it worked out I enjoyed the fun of chasing my shoes around a soggy park.

I spent most of the rest of the day working on my sermon. It was nice to have a day to fiddle with it. To move things around and tweak it.

But when Church came, God did stuff, and I didn't get on till about 7:45 and all the nice stuff went out the window, and I had to edit the sermon as I went. People said it was good, though I didn't like it very much. But that might have been because I was in a bad mood.

I went to First Sunday feeling rather unsocial and wondering why I was going. But I ended up enjoying it. I hid in the kitchen and it was safer there.

I drove home with my friend Damien Rice.

If I squeeze my grape, then I drink my wine
Coz if I squeeze my grape, then I drink my wine
Oh coz nothing is lost, it's just frozen in frost,
and it's opening time, there's no-one in line
- Damien

Subscribe