7/15/2007 11:56:00 pm

Sex Camp

Posted by Unknown |

Camp two was the young adults camp for my church. I went as a camper rather than anything official.

Benny came and picked me up from the church with Carmen and Kathleen and we had a rollicking good trip down to Picton.

The camp was about "Understanding Intimate Relationships and Sexuality" which meant it was quickly dubbed "Sex Camp".

The food was good.

On Saturday we had 3 older couples come and share about their stories and give advice on marriage and life and stuff. Which was nice, they had good stories. Though it felt a little irrelevant to me because it's not where I'm currently at. I'm more preoccupied with doing single well than marriage well at this stage. I'm not even preparing for marriage.

Now that I've said that, I'll probably get married next week.

Today we had a guy come and share about Sexuality and Spirituality. It was a good seminar though I think I'd probably thought about it all before in different places.

Except he did tell us we should all ask ourselves 3 questions for some reason. (I think it was something to do with finding your identity and healing)

1. Who am I?

2. Where am I going?

3. Who am I going with?

About which I first thought "I can't be bothered answering them." I think I'm lazy when it comes to introspection. And then I realised I can't be bothered because I'm not all that interested in the answers. But I have answers for you. So now I will bear myself to the world on my blog.

1. I am me.

2. Wherever God sends me.

3. Whoever comes with me.

That might seem lazy, but I think it's the truest answers I can find. Life will happen, and I will be who I will be. I'll do my best to be obedient to God and everything else will slot in.

But other than that, the seminar was good. I do always like talking about sex. I'm not sure why. I guess it's interesting.

The rest of the camp was good. We played good games. Nathan and I pretended to beat each other up. John and I played bread roll pranks on each other. Or at least I bread roll pranked him. He put a bread roll in my jacket hood. So I put one in his pillow slip, bed, bag, on his dashboard and in his glove box. I'm not sure he's found them all yet. When we woke up this morning he discovered the one in his bed when I suggested he look. He'd slept the night with a bread roll in his bed and not noticed. I was pretty pleased with that.

I came home and did church. Church was special. For some reason I found it really easy to engage with the worship tonight. I was more focused on God than I usually am. So I was thankful for that. I'm not sure what was different but it was good.

I hung out at Maccas after church with the youthies. Hooray for my youthies.

I really enjoyed my weekend, I loved spending time with familiar people. After a week of living with 90 people I didn't know, a weekend with 30 people I knew was great.

Now however the bed of mine is calling.

Subscribe