Posted by Unknown |

Feel the Love

I taught Scripture at the local High School today. It's always tough and rewarding.

My favourites tend to be the year 10s. Today I had my last lesson ever with them. I think the like me, although it's hard to tell how often they're just taking the piss.

We spent a fair chunk of the lesson talking about homosexuality. Which was fine. Although I don't really like talking about it because it just makes Christians look like bigots. But we all got a few laughs out of it even if no-one came to a better understanding of anything.

After the class I was walking through the school and found a bunch of the year 10 guys in front of me. They started blocking my path and saying "Tom, it's time for group hug." I suddenly had worries about child protection. But decided it would be better to hug a bunch of year 10 guys. So I gave in was enveloped in a hug of 4 or 5 year 10 guys all of who were bigger then me. Then another saw the fun and jumped on to and accidentally punched me in the head.

It was a nice way to end my four years of scripture teaching with those guys. I felt the love.

Subscribe