Posted by Unknown |

Do This With Me

I bought a cd on Tuesday. It's by Angels and Airwaves.

The lead singer is Tom Delonge from Blink 182. But the music is a lot more electronic and rocky, rather than ponkish. It's not too bad. Although I was turned off when I read Delonge say this: "It sounds like it has the conceptual depth of Pink Floyd, the anthemic architecture of U2 but with Tom from blink writing all the melodies. All the songs are very cinematic, anthemic and epic-sounding. The music sounds angelic. Every song gives you the chills and you feel like you want to cry but you're conquering the world at the same time. It sounds like stadium rock done by a band that's meant to be the absolute biggest band in the world."

And he also said the album is about leaving blink to start this band: "It's the story of the album, which is the story of the break-up of one of the biggest bands in the world and the creation of the world's greatest band."

So anyway, the cd doesn't live up to his hype. They aren't the greatest band in the world, they don't have the conceptual depth of Pink Floyd and they're anthems all sound a bit the same. But it's not too bad. I've been enjoying it.

There's one line that goes "I can't live, I can't breath, Unless you do this with me"

Which I really like. I think it's the best line in the whole thing. He sings it over and over. It reminds me of in Acts where Paul quotes: "In him we live and move and have our being" And I thought "That tag (is that what it's call musical people?) could be a good tag for a worship song." So now I've been singing "I can't live, I can't breath, Unless you do this with me" and it's coming as a worship even when I haven't really planned it that way but it's been real fun. It's kinda crystalised my constant need for God. I have a continual feeling of dependancy so it's been good to be able to put it to music.

Subscribe