Posted by Unknown |

Wiggle, Wiggle, Wiggle



I went and saw The Wiggles today!

I had a great time. Howie and I went up to Hornsby RSL for the 3pm show. There were no tickets left, but Howie managed to sweet talk the man at the desk while I hid (we thought it may look a little funny, two 21 year old guys going to see The Wiggles by themselves) and got us two tickets.

We went because it was on and we both had a day off. Plus, having Hannah as a little sister means I've been watching the Wiggles for the last nine years. That's longer than I've been listening to U2. So to get an opportunity to see such an infulencial group of musicians, it must not be missed. Plus it was only an hour long, and ten minutes walk from home, so it never took much out of our day.

We went in and took our seats at the back of the auditorium filled with noisy kids and scary mothers. (I don't know why but I always find the mothers of little kids and babies the most scary kind of mother.) I went and got us some drinks (Coke and a Lemon, Lime and Bitters) and we waited for the show to start.

When it did start it was great. We saw Jeff, Murray, Anthony and Sam. Sam was replacing Greg (the Yellow Wiggle) because Greg is sick. Poor Greg. We also saw Henry the Octopus, Dorothy the Dinosaur, Wags the Dog, and Captain Feathersword, plus The Wiggles Dancers. All my favourites.

The performance was lots of fun. They made jokes and I laughed when all the kids were meant to laugh (like when Jeff fell asleep) and I laughed when the adults laughed (like when Captain Feathersword sang "Quack, Quack, Quack, Cock-a-doodle-doo" to "Angels Brought Me Here" by Guy Sebastian). We got the best of both worlds. And there was lots of colour and all the songs went for about a minute so it was hard to get bored.

I was a little worried throughout the show that someone would turn to us and say "What are you doing here? You freaky men! Get out. Don't come near my child!" I think we may have got a few funny looks, but no-one shouted at us.

So now I can say I've seen The Wiggles. What fun. The Hooley Dooleys are coming in July, but there's no way I'm going to see them. I only have love for The Wiggles.

Subscribe