Posted by Unknown |

Today I ate a lot of lunch. I was all alone at Church and feeling a little depressed that I couldn't see my mum. Everyone was off having lunch with Mum and I was stuck at work, far from home, and my mum was somewhere in between Canberra and Sydney. I think my Mum is fantastic, and I didn't get to see her all day.

Anyway I ate a lot of lunch. Although I don't think it was because I was depressed. I ate lunch (the usual Chicken burger, two scallops and a Coke) then bought more rice and sauce during a meeting. I had both Chicken shop and Indian. My two favourites.

Youth group was really good today. I think the youth are fantastic, still. I'm always amazed at how lucky I am to get to work with teenagers. They're great. Always good to laugh with, play games with, be stupid with, discover God with, share life with.

During youth we prayed for the evangelistic service next week and suddenly I got scared. I'm preaching and it suddenly hit me that I have this massive job and I don't know if I can do it. I guess I'm scared because I feel like telling people the gospel at an evangelistic service should be left to someone else. There's too much riding on it. It feels like eternities are riding on it (they're not, that's God's problem) and I don't want that responsibility.

But I'll go for it. I just pray God gives me the words and eternities change.

Your holy war, your northern star
Your sermon on the mount from the boot of your car
Please, please, please
Get up off your knees
- U2

Subscribe