3/20/2003 11:02:00 pm

Just Following Orders

Posted by Unknown |

If you are a soldier who participates in an un-just war does that make you a perpetrator as well, or just a soldier? Should we support our troops because they are following orders and not making decisions, or do they have the capacity, and freedom, to decide what wars they fight and what violence they participate in?

George Bush said that for Iraqi soldiers “Just following orders” was no excuse. I think that maybe that's true of any soldier.

But then again, I am not a soldier. This is probably not my place to judge.

I guess supporting our troops, even if they are the ones that physically carry out the evil, is the best way to make sure they don't get treated the way the leaders of our country are by the general public.

I don't support the war, and I don't support their participation in it, as a group or as individuals. I do however think they deserve love and respect, the same as all human beings, creations of God.

Subscribe