1/26/2012 12:38:00 am

Take Me Seriously

Posted by Unknown |

When I was 11 I was on the radio for a segment called "15 Seconds of Fame". People would ring up and do their amazing talent on the radio. I rang up because I did a wicked impression of a seagull. Wendy Harmer, the radio host, was very kind to me and suggested that the seagull might be trying to eat a chip. I didn't know what she was talking about.

I didn't win the competition.

It occurred to me just then that they probably didn't let me on the radio because of my wicked impression of a seagull but because I was young and cute. I'd never thought of that before. I'm feeling pretty devastated. I thought I was talented. Now I have to change my perspective on pretty much my entire childhood.

It hurts. When will people start accepting 11-year-old me for my abilities and not for my cuteness?

Subscribe