6/27/2011 10:49:00 pm

Under-Qualified

Posted by Unknown |

I’m currently at a church planting conference.

Actually I’m not sure this is a conference I am at. It could just be a church planters gathering, I’m not sure. Either way I feel a little under qualified to be here. I’m not really a church planter, a church planting aspirational hobbyist, perhaps.

I always feel a little bit under-qualified to be at these things. I’m here with all these people who are in the midst of planting churches and have planted churches. I’m just a bloke with some ideas and a few people who are hanging out with me and having ideas with me. But I guess I’m a whole lot further down the path than I was this time last year.

I met a pastor of a church plant today who has planted in the place we’ve been thinking about planting in. He’s really encouraging, genuine and friendly. I reckon he leads a good, Jesus-loving church too. I was hoping when I met him he’d be kinda evil and obviously a terrible leader. It’d make planting decisions easier. On the other hand, if I care about people meeting Jesus more than I care about where I plant a church, which I think I do, then I’m really happy this guy is in the area.

He’s gonna sit down and have a chat with us tomorrow. I’m looking forward to it.

I just remembered that I never made post about why plant a church. Maybe I’ll do that while I’m here. I might get inspired.

We’ll see. I don’t wanna make promises I can’t keep.

Anyway, I’ll let you know how this conference/gathering goes. I’ll see if I can have my hobbies affirmed.

Subscribe