3/04/2009 01:25:00 pm

"We'll Sing it in Church"

Posted by Unknown |

We Christians are gonna love this new U2 album.

So much Christianity. Not just God, but Jesus.

Once I knew there was a love divine
Then came a time I thought it knew me not
Who can forgive forgiveness where forgiveness is not
Only the lamb as white as snow
- White as Snow

Or what about this whole song:

Magnificent
Magnificent

I was born
I was born to be with you
In this space and time
After that and ever after I haven't had a clue
Only to break rhyme
This foolishness can leave a heart black and blue

Only love, only love can leave such a mark
But only love, only love can heal such a scar


I was born
I was born to sing for you
I didn’t have a choice but to lift you up
And sing whatever song you wanted me to
I give you back my voice
From the womb my first cry, it was a joyful noise…


Only love, only love can leave such a mark
But only love, only love can heal such a scar

Justified till we die, you and I will magnify
The Magnificent

Magnificent
- Magnificent


Additional to all this, I am really enjoying the album. It's kinda like a mix between Achtung Baby, The Unforgettable Fire, All That You Can't Leave Behind, How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb, and some new kinda direction. I was hoping this might be a whole new sound like Achtung Baby was to The Joshua Tree, but it's more of everything put into one. It's a good sounding album. I'm enjoying it.

Subscribe