10/31/2006 12:35:00 am

Night

Posted by Unknown |

I had the best night I've had in a long time tonight.

I came home from church to find Jo in the backyard barbecuing dinner. It was vegie stacks. And they were real good. Good sauce, good cooking, yeah. Vegie food never tasted so good, except vegie pad thai.

I came home craving a beer so immediately Ryan and I headed up to the bottle-o to get a 24 pack. We came back and drank beer and ate dinner with Jo and Jem and Mil. Funny conversations. Plus we decided to go on a Road Trip in 2008! Yeah! I'm excited all ready.

Ryan and Jem got a craving for apple pie so they headed off in search of pie and I went inside to do the washing up. Martin came home while the pie shop was happening. But once Ryan and Jem got back with the pie I got a DVD craving, so Ryan and I popped out to Civic video to use their last 5 minutes of opening time to grab a DVD (or 3).

Then we came home and ate apple pie and watched Cars, which was awesome. Cars is one of the best, happy making films I've seen in a long time. I loved it, it brought continual joy to my innards the whole time.

And that was my night. It may not sound special, but things have been so tense (if that's the word) in my life lately that it was really nice just to hang out with friends and eat and drink and laugh and watch movies and I didn't have to think about anything. And tomorrow is a day off.

God is good to me.

Subscribe