Posted by Unknown |

Gluttons and Drunkards

I was talking to my house (the people not the building) last night about the party. And they asked me why I liked the party, especially the fact that it wasn't a "Christian" party. Why did I like the fact that people got drunk and smoked pot when I'm not exactly one who does either of those things? I told them because I think it's the kind of party that Jesus would go to. I was lying in bed at 3:something am on Monday night thinking, "These people are the "gluttons" and the "drunkards"" Well probably not gluttons because there was very little food at the party, and most people weren't drunk. But there were the people there who did drink and did smoke pot and how often do you meet them at church parties?

But I had a great time meeting different people, dancing with different people, seeing that my house was full of people from all different parts of life. Some who you'd never find in a church but I get to hang out with them, build relationships with them, have fun with them, because they came to my party. I didn't invite them but I hope they come back. I didn't get to talk to them enough. I want to be friends with all sorts of people, even people who do things that I might not necessarily agree with, because they're people worth being friends with. And people who Jesus would have been friends with.

I also enjoyed having Christians at my party, because well, I love them too.

"The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of tax collectors and "sinners." ' - Jesus (That's my man!)

Subscribe