Posted by Unknown |

Devils and Dust

Fear's a powerful thing, baby
It can turn your heart black you can trust
It'll take your God filled soul
And fill it with devils and dust
- Bruce Springsteen

It would be at this point that I would write a post about fear. Perhaps about how much of our lives are motivated by fear. Or perhaps the shape of our world now that terrorism has become the new evil. I could talk about how we're loosing our civil liberties, or how everytime a school kid accidentally leaves their backpack on the train it's going to get blown up by the Bomb Squad.

But I won't talk about them, because all I really wanted to do was quote those lyrics. All this stuff underneath is just an excuse to justify the quote. Still, it has got me thinking now. Perhaps when these germs of rumination have evolved they'll be a post at the end.

Subscribe