Posted by Unknown |

I'm done now.

I went and talked at the school. I got it done.

Last night I got a rough out line nutted out. It was a rehash of many different gospel talks put together. I spent all night dreaming about the talk. I woke up at one stage with a new talk in my head. I thought about writing it as I lay in bed but decided I should go back to sleep. I thought I would give it an audition while I was in the shower.

In the shower I couldn't work out why I thought it'd be a good talk in the middle of the night. Then I remembered that it was the middle of the night and things always seem good then.

After my shower I sat around the appartment trying to wake up and run through my talk but it was rather difficult. It was pretty early. I didn't really get much done. I could have been asleep.

I drove to the school and practised in the car. It did ok there.

At the school I got up to talk and did a rather advertisment for our youth group and then launched into it. I told them how last time I was at their school was feeling rather sick and was scared I going to vomit on them all. I thought they'd like a vomit story but they didn't seem all that impressed.

My talk was straight gospel. I don't like doing gospel talks often, because you feel like you have to convince people that you're telling the truth. And I don't like talking about judgement. And telling people that they're sinners. It would just be a lot easier to tell them the good news. But the good news isn't good news until they've understand the bad news first.

In the end it went fine. I didn't vomit on anyone. My stories when down ok. Some of them looked rather bored. But what can you do? That's school for you.

I'm going to eat some lunch. Hooray!

Subscribe