6/09/2007 11:55:00 pm

Shruked

Posted by Tom French |

I did go and see Shrek the Third today with the Little Brother. Because of all the rain, the shopping centre was packed full of people taking refuge from downpour and subsiding roads. Though I must say, I have rather enjoyed driving in all this weather. It's sad it's killed people doing the same thing. All the flooded roads are fun to drive through. I have the feeling that southern Sydney is a lot more prone to flooding than northern Sydney (I'm not including the Central Coast obviously). I think I've learnt this since moving to this neck of the woods. But it's taken me this long to figure out because, damn drought, it's only rained three times since I moved.

Actually speaking of the weather, we had to cancel our Car Rally activity for youth group last night so we didn't all crash and die. We ended up watching movies and dropping popcorn in the church. Which was fun. But after most people went home, Nathan and a few of the youth group boys hung around to watch another DVD. We ended up getting distracted by YouTube (Takeshi's Castle to be precise, which really is one of the best things I've seen on YouTube ever) and started the movie real late. At about 1:30am an angry parent turned up looking for their lost son. Oops. But other than that it was good fun. I ended up getting home at 3:30am. Sometimes it's special when youth group extends into early hours of the morning.

Anyway I think I was talking about my afternoon with the Little Brother. It was smelly sardine land in Westfield. We missed our session and had to hang in the burgeoning (good word) food court for a while till the film started. After the food court and a ,screaming kid filled line, we made it to the cinema. The film, well, it wasn't very good at all. I agree with Howie's assessment. They really need to put some effort into the story. I seems like they thought of it in an hour. Although I did fall asleep for about 10 minutes, so that may have been the good bit. I laughed at the fart jokes. Poor old Shrek. They should have stopped after Number One.

Tonight I got to lie on the couch and read my book for about an hour. It was wonderful. Then my house filled with people for Mil and Martin's meaningless soup gathering. I stayed on the couch and quite enjoyed the company. Though feeling my introverted self knocking on my heart, I was quite self-controlled and resisted the urge to continue reading my book while we had guests.

Now though, everyone is at the Pub playing pool so I can read my book and sleep. Sodden brill.

Subscribe