Posted by Tom French |

I left home in a really good mood this morning.

Yesterday, it took me a while to leave home, but I wasn't ever in a very good mood. I was a bit sick of life yesterday. I realised that there is very little that I'm excited about in life. Or perhaps very little that I'm looking forward to.

I'm looking forward to the return of Christ, but I'm sure that people would laugh at me if I said that out loud. They might call me a Bible geek.

But I think I'm just getting a little sick of having so much responsibility. Not a lot of responsibility, it just seems that there is very little that I do where I'm not responsible for something. I think that's why I look forward to the pub so much. All I have to do is turn up and have fun. And then if I don't want to, I don't have to. So I think I need to find more things in life where I can chill out. Like more movies.

I went and saw Man on Fire yesterday. I sat in the cinema and watch Denzel get angry. It was good. No responsibility in a cinema.

Chris and I went and got Howie from the airport. We rushed because when we were at home we found his plane was arriving in 10 minutes. We made it just in time. It didn't take ten minutes to drive to the airport, but Howie got out of customs about the same time we got there. He didn't seem too excited to see us. I think he was excited about catching the train home. I can understand that, the airport line is a bit of fun.

I went to bed when I go home.

This morning I left home at 7:30am after squeezing in a quiet time but skipping breakfast. It's ok, it was a good quiet time. It put me in a good mood. Hence, leaving at 7:30 in the morning feeling chirpy. You can tell God was involved.

In Hornsby, just outside Barker, while some cars were merging into my lane one car drove up the back of another. The cars were banked up to my right. The second car in line saw the gap in front of me, wanted to get in and accelerated into the car in front of it. BANG! Bumpers gone bad. Neither of them got in with me, and I just kept driving.

I felt it was an analogy of my love life. Women always want to be close to me, but keep hurting themselves, and running into each other, in the clamor to cruise with me.

I sang all the way to college.

I talked about movies at college. Had a sleep on the couch.

I sang all the way to work from College. Except I toned it down a little when Rach joined me around Macquarie. I'm a little embarrassed about the amount of effort that goes into my singing when I'm alone in the car.

We had a SIM meeting and Helen and Kaye both told me I was direct. That was good. I didn't feel like a wimp for at least half an hour after that.

Tonight I had pizza and watched School of Rock with all the junior men in the youth group. That was fun. Although we spent a lot of time sitting in the dark staring at a screen so I didn't really get to talk to any of them.

Ryan and I watched The Borne Supremacy when I got back to Hornsby. Fun film. Matt kicked bum and there was fun action and fun chases. It didn't have any corny lines either. I was impressed.

Now I'm waiting for my pie. It's in the oven. It's my dinner. Oh, there's the alarm...

Subscribe